If you like Starbucks Lemon Cake, this recipe is for you! A moist lemon cake topped with a glaze of lemon joy! To add to your brunch menu or to enjoy after dinner with a glass of wine. This light, yet flavor intense, dessert is just right. An easy whip-together cake that you almost certainly have all the ingredients for! Make it tonight, feed that sweet tooth.
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt of choice
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Zest of one Lemon
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar + 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease an 8×5 loaf pan OR 8×8 baking dish, and set aside
- In a bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients
- In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients
- Pour wet into dry, and stir just until evenly mixed
- Smooth into the pan or dish, and bake 25 minutes or until loaf cake has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then spread the glaze on top. Glaze hardens when it cools, and you can refrigerate to expedite the process if you wish.
- For freshness, store leftover lemon cake slices in the fridge or even in the freezer.
- Can be baked in an 8×5 loaf pan for thicker pound cake slices and a thicker layer of glaze OR in an 8×8 square baking dish for a little light cakey-poo. 🙂